From Skjolden Brygge (400 metres from the town centre in Skjolden and 700 metres from cruise ship terminal).
Biking The Romantic Road
- Set out on a quiet and delightful biking route in the heart of Norway!
The Romantic Road starts from Skjolden, the heart of the Sognefjord, and goes to the village Ornes on the south side of the amazing Lustrafjord. The narrow road follows the shoreline of the Lustrafjord, and you will experience waterfalls, historic buildings, wonderful views along the whole ride.
Some of the attractions along the way:
- The “juice-village” Sørheim, where Norway’s biggest jam and juice producer started their business in a tiny village.
- The 218 metre tall Feigefossen Waterfall. Take time to hike all the way up to the waterfall and feel the refreshing mist on your face!
- Buy juice from a local juice producer in a self-service mini-shop!
- Muthehuset – Empire-style villa that housed many of Norway’s biggest national romantic painters.
- Visit UNESCO Urnes stave church, and get a guided tour at Norway’s oldest stave church.
- Urnes deer farm – enjoy a tasty lunch of local produce in their café and feed the deer.
Join us on a guided tour along the Romantic Road, or rent bikes with your partner and go on a self-guided tour.
Try Google Street View and get to know the road better.